Jan 25, 2007

Moreys Seasoned Alaskan Salmon

Baked Salmon
Moreys Marinated Salmon, Baked

Lately I have been testing a few ready to eat or easy to cook products. I liked a few of them while many others did not appeal my taste. Peeking through the freezer section at Costco Warehouse I found Marinated Wild Alaskan Salmon by Moreys. I am hooked on to this product since few months now.


This Wild Alaskan salmon is marinated and The box contains 6 fillets each of them individually wrapped vacuum sealed pouches. The marinate is good, with good pinch of salt and spices, palatable to the Indian taste. Just follow the instructions on the box and the delicious salmon is ready in 20 minutes. Here is how I do it.

I started with defrosting the fillets for 2-3 hours before cooking. Heat a skillet and pop in the fillets with skin side down. Cook on medium low flame till well cooked throughout. This method is good, but leaves a messy burnt marinate that flows down the salmon as it cook. Adds 10 minutes of clean up time.


Moreys Wild Alaskan Salmon, picture from the Moreys Website


After a few trials I have reached this quick and easy method. Just 30 minutes before meal time, preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Take out the frozen fillet from the packet and place it on the foil, pop it into the oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes till light brown on the top. This way some amount of the marinate is still on top of the salmon. Transfer the fillet to the plate and toss in the foil in the trash. Clean up is a breeze.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Salmon looks delicious..i have always wanted to try these products but was afraid how will it taste..no i knowone brand to go with and again with this not much clean up ..thanks for sharing manjula..Hope you saw AFAM-roundup..

jacob said...

looks beautiful. i've never seen these packs in stores here in singapore, but now i've got to keep an eyes for them. nice recipe!

Unknown said...

This salmon is wonderful! My husband and I just love it and I'm not a fish lover. Unfortunately, when Costco has a product, they don't always keep it and they didn't have it when we went last week to purchase more. We're checking to see if we can purchase it online b/c it's just such a great product!

Unknown said...

Try another way... we have been pretty regular consumer of the same... However, once when my wife cooked, relatively fast in about ten minutes (I did not realize until evaluated retrospectively). This time I found it at least four times more tastier than previous ones.... I mentioned it to her and she revealed that this time she has not cooked the recommended way, i.e., in the conventional oven. Instead, she cooked it in a skillet, mixing a little water with the seasoning included (marinations on the fillet) and turning it once in a while, the way normally an omelet. I suggest to give it a try...

pbaird said...

Love this salmon from Costco. I have introduced it to many friends who also swear by it. We cook it on the grill, thawed - tastes great.

rsa0808 said...

Microwave from the frozen state. Open package and remove fish and sauce. Place on microwave safe plate and cover, leaving an opening. Cook for 5 minutes or less depending on the wattage of your oven. I like it with flavored rice and broccoli. Moist and delicious.